Gleneagles Medini offers many services and procedures. Some may require you to be admitted, others would just require you to be there as Day Case patient only.
To ensure a smooth and hassle-free admission, remember to bring the following along with you:
- Your passport/ identity card
- Your health insurance card and written letter of guarantee from your health insurance company (if you are covered by insurance)
- Your doctor’s referral note
- Past or present medical records, x-rays, or prior test results (if your physician has requested them)
- Medications that have been prescribed to you
- A copy of your advance directives (if any)
Hospital admission can made through:
- Admission Counter at the main lobby between 7am and 9pm daily, or
- Accident & Emergency counter on the ground floor of the hospital block 24 hours daily.
- All patients will be provided with basic personal comforts such as towel and soap. We suggest that you bring your own items of personal in nature such as:
- Night clothes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Medications and vitamins that you take on a regular basis
- Patients who do not need to be admitted will be seen as outpatients at:
- The clinic at the Accident & Emergency department on the Ground floor of the main building, which is operational 24 hours a day
- The Consultation Block during office hours
- Gleneagles Medini houses more than 40 specialist consultants currently who are available by appointment. For the full list, click on Directory of Specialists and Doctors.